About cookies
We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.
Clicking I Agree will ensure this message does not appear again during this visit:
Lib Dem Logo
John Hemming
John HemmingJohn Hemming o/s Parliament
Parliamentary Candidate for Birmingham Yardley
Bookmark and Share
How John could help you

Over the last year John and his team of caseworkers have helped over 2500 constituents with a wide range of concerns. John and his staff are on hand to offer advice to constituents on how to get things done in our local area.

John holds a regular Advice Bureau on Saturday Mornings (11am -12 midday), and his staff are also available Monday - Friday (11am - 2pm).

It's often really difficult knowing who to go to with your problem, and John can help put you in touch with the right people.

Below are a selection of areas of concern that constituents have requested John's help with. It may not always be possible to assist in every matter however John and his staff will make every effort in trying to resolve your problem(s) and keep you informed every step of the way.

  • Housing / Homeless:
  • If you've been treated badly by the council John may be able to help you out. There is a severe housing shortage in Birmingham though, and it's a mission even understanding how the system works. John and his team will be able to guide you through the necessary processes.

  • Planning:
  • John is on hand to offer advice on how best to raise objections to planning applications. In the Coventry Road office we often have the plans of major local developments for your information.

  • Immigration / Asylum / Nationality / Visas:
  • If you want advice concerning indefinite leave to remain, entry clearance, nationality enquiries etc. then do get in touch. If you've contacted the Home Office or Foreign Office on these matters but have received no reply then John may be able to put pressure on them to reply.

  • Social Care and Health:
  • If you are having problems with getting treatment, or the help that you need, John will help you bring your case to the attention of NHS managers.

  • Parks:
  • There is a real shortage of tree surgeons in the city, so there's a big waiting list for tree pruning.

  • Waste & Recycling:
  • If you are having problems with your refuse collection or recycling John can help put pressure on the council to get it sorted.

    Information on Garden Waste collections during Winter 2012/13

  • Highways:
  • If roads need repair, if street lights are broken, if street signs are missing or if you want to add a dropped kerb the council should be able to sort it out.

  • Tax / Benefits:
  • There's so much that goes wrong in this area. If you think you're missing out get in touch and John may be able to help put it right.

  • Anti-Social Behaviour:
  • Contact the Birmingham Anti-Social Behaviour Unit, through Contact Birmingham on 0121 303 1111, and alert the police if necessary.

    Page last updated: 05 December 2012